CANTEMIR” CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
THE FACULTY OF TOURISM AND COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT
in collaboration with
„DIMITRIE CANTEMIR” MULTIDISCIPLINARY SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE
THE 5th EDITION OF
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
APRIL 23rd – 24th, 2015
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PROGRAM - download here
On behalf of the staff of the Faculty of Tourism and Commercial Management, we have the pleasure of inviting you to attend the 5th International Conference on „Globalization and Competitiveness in Knowledge-Based Economy” http://gcke2015.ucdc.ro/, that will be held in the University campus from Splaiul Independenţei no. 176, between 23rd -24th of April 2015.
Hoping that you will honour us with your participation, we offer you some information of general interest about this event.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Nowadays specialists in various fields of activity are focusing on issues connected with globalization due to their great impact on the development of national economies.
Due to globalization, Romania has started a number of reforms by means of which prices and markets have been liberalized, foreign trade control has been reduced, currency convertibility has been introduced and changes have started to be made in the ownership structure, all leading to increased competitiveness. Therefore, ensuring competitiveness is a major priority not only for companies, organizations and individuals, but also for the academic environment.
Direct foreign investments are perceived as an important and essential element for the process of changing and re-launching the economy, representing the main catalyst necessary for market economy and increased competitiveness in Romania. In the 21st century, the flow of direct foreign investments has greatly developed due to the massive expansion of transnational corporations – main elements of the globalization process. Last but not least, due to the great development of commercial exchanges between countries, foreign trade has become one of the key factors for economic growth.
Under these circumstances, we can consider that globalization and competitiveness represent the greatest challenge of our century, most specialists considering that Romania’s own survival depends on the way in which these concepts are put into practice.
CONFERENCE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Benefiting from a particular scientific prestige and large national attendance, the conference that is now at its second edition, aims at providing the framework for relevant scientific debates concerning the challenges that “Globalization and competitiveness in knowledge-based economy” raise for any economist or researcher in the larger field of Economics.
The conference objectives envisage:
- Developing some fundamental or applicative research guidelines in the specific fields of the participants’ expertise;
- Supporting the exchanges of specialists with other similar organizations with a view to improving the members’ documentation;
- Cooperating with other local and foreign faculties in order to develop a modern educational system and to establish connections with other universities.
- Approaching the issues related to the evolution of economic processes in the contemporary society, the empirical and analytical exchange, establishing partnerships for drafting and monitoring economic policies.
- Identifying the potential partners taking into account the activity type and the cooperation opportunities which open the path to tackle certain themes and projects
- Developing cooperation with national and international partners - personalities, institutions, professional associations;
- Interacting with the economic, social and academic environment both at local and global level;
- Academic interaction with all interested professional and scientific environments;
- Ensuring an organizational and managerial framework for research work;
- Increasing the University’s importance and its assertion as a prestigious institution at national and international level;
- Developing the capacity of attracting and identifying national and international sources of funding;
- Establishing and developing partnerships at national and international level as an instrument for raising the performance level regarding scientific research.